Consulting Forum
Conflict-free Business Model - Printable Version

+- Consulting Forum (https://theconsultingprofessional.com/acre/mybb-forum)
+-- Forum: The Consulting Professional Public Discussion Forum (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Real Estate Consulting General Discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Conflict-free Business Model (/showthread.php?tid=102)

Conflict-free Business Model - Ron Stuart FRI ACRE CNE - 12-19-2012 03:55 PM

Recently I read about a high level investment banker in London who established a radically new consulting-based business model replacing the traditional and very lucrative contingent fee model which is standard in that business.

Why do I mention it here? Because the parallels to real estate brokerage are striking and perhaps instructive to us.

A quote or two may interest you enough to link to the article below... "If you need a deal to happen [in order] to get paid, then you by definition undermine the very thing you try to do, which is tell someone what the right course of action is." "...the conflict-free business model has legs because some clients are weary of the hard sell from investment bankers who live and die on success fees."

Here's the link... http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/careers/careers-leadership/michael-tory-from-lehmans-ashes-a-banker-is-reborn/article6400702/

RE: Conflict-free Business Model - Jennifer Allan Hagedorn - 12-19-2012 04:55 PM

Wow - that is pretty much what we believe in, wrapped up in a tidy little package- "If you need a deal to happen to get paid, then you by definition undermine the very thing you try to do, which is tell someone what the right course of action is..."

Why don't more people see this clearly?

Thank you so much for posting it here - I'm going to repost it over on the FB page...

RE: Conflict-free Business Model - Virginia Madden - 12-19-2012 06:03 PM

This is it in a nutshell. Awesome article, Ron!

RE: Conflict-free Business Model - Mollie Wasserman - 12-20-2012 08:03 AM

Profound statement from the author Ron. Thanks so much for bringing the article to our attention!