Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Conflict-free Business Model
12-19-2012, 03:55 PM
Conflict-free Business Model
Recently I read about a high level investment banker in London who established a radically new consulting-based business model replacing the traditional and very lucrative contingent fee model which is standard in that business.

Why do I mention it here? Because the parallels to real estate brokerage are striking and perhaps instructive to us.

A quote or two may interest you enough to link to the article below... "If you need a deal to happen [in order] to get paid, then you by definition undermine the very thing you try to do, which is tell someone what the right course of action is." "...the conflict-free business model has legs because some clients are weary of the hard sell from investment bankers who live and die on success fees."

Here's the link... http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on...le6400702/
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-19-2012, 04:55 PM
RE: Conflict-free Business Model
Wow - that is pretty much what we believe in, wrapped up in a tidy little package- "If you need a deal to happen to get paid, then you by definition undermine the very thing you try to do, which is tell someone what the right course of action is..."

Why don't more people see this clearly?

Thank you so much for posting it here - I'm going to repost it over on the FB page...
12-19-2012, 06:03 PM
This is it in a nutshell. Awesome article, Ron!
12-20-2012, 08:03 AM
Profound statement from the author Ron. Thanks so much for bringing the article to our attention!

Mollie Wasserman
Founder: ACRE
Proud Member of the ACRE 2.0 Team Smile

"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass…it’s about learning to dance in the rain." Vivian Greene
Find all posts by this user