Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Spam... spam... sigh...
04-19-2012, 01:18 PM
Spam... spam... sigh...
Just wanted to assure everyone that we're aware of the spam issue here in the Public section of our new forum and have taken steps to stop it. Unfortunately, for now anyway, that means that, until or unless we come up with a solution, non-ACREs won't be able to post or comment on our Forum, although we can still allow them access to read it.

This bums me out - I was really hoping that we could generate some good discussions about consulting between ACREs and future-ACREs... and maybe even at some point the general public, but those da*n spammers aren't having it.

We're hoping to find a solution soon, but in the meantime, just know that you shouldn't receive any more bogus notices of spam-filled thread from the forum!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-19-2012, 01:42 PM
RE: Spam... spam... sigh...
Jennifer, I think that while it would be cool for non-ACREs to post, at least they can read what's going on, and it may encourage them to find out more. Under the old system, non-ACREs couldn't even read our Exchange posts so this is an improvement.

Dang spammers...

Mollie Wasserman
Founder: ACRE
Proud Member of the ACRE 2.0 Team Smile

"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass…it’s about learning to dance in the rain." Vivian Greene
Find all posts by this user
04-19-2012, 03:32 PM
RE: Spam... spam... sigh...
That may be how it has to be! I have a few ideas I might try - like allowing guests to COMMENT on threads, but not post them - I'm not sure that spammers are as interested in commenting as they are in posting, but I could be wrong about that.

The only other solution I can think of is to create a dual-registry system (or something along those lines) where there are different levels of access at the site. But frankly, I have other places to spend my web development $$$'s right now!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user