|ACREs who practice consulting:||Agents||Brokers|
|ACREs not practicing consulting:||Agents||Brokers||Lenders||ACRE Friends|
thank you for waiting a few moments
while Google delivers the map to us
Isn't the ACRE Map cool? I sure hope you think so because it was much more complicated to create than one might assume ;-]. I love it and I hope you do too.
Here are tips for working with the Map to get the most out of it:
- Along the left side of the map is the "zoom" control (the thing that looks like a zipper with a plus sign at the top, a minus sign at the bottom and a paddle in the middle). To zoom in or out on the map, either DRAG the paddle up or down, or click on the plus or minus signs, but DON'T click on the zipper. Clicking on the zipper will likely take you closer in (or farther out) than you intended to go.
- Speaking of DRAGGING, if you're trying to zoom in on a particular area, drag the map (just put your cursor on the map and you'll see it turn into a hand) so that the area you want to see is near the middle of your screen. Then zoom in, as above. To return to the full map of North America, just click the box in the middle of the four directional arrows in the upper left.
- If you click on a marker you think is yours... and it's not yours... and you're wondering where the heck YOUR marker is, you might need to zoom in a bit if your marker is behind someone else's. You're there, don't worry!
- If you're looking for fellow ACREs in a general area, but not necessarily in the same exact city, just enter an address or partial address (or just a city/state) in the Search box above the map and voila! The map will take you to the area and you can then zoom in and out to your heart's content!
- Did you notice the marker color key above the map? Red = Practicing* ACREs; Yellow = Non-Practicing* ACREs; Green = Broker/Owners, etc. You can check or uncheck the boxes to show members in whichever category or categories you're interested in viewing.
- If you live outside of North America, we're so sorry, but we can't add you to our map just yet. Hopefully soon!
The ACRE Search feature is pretty wonderful, too. You can search by member role, first name, last name, company name, city and state!
* Wondering what the difference is between practicing and non-practicing ACREs? Well, let us explain! "Practicing" ACREs are those who have attested (on their Profile page - click on My Account to see how to do this) that they are indeed practicing consulting as defined by the new ACRE Designation, or intend to do so within six months. "Non-Practicing" ACREs are those who have obtained the ACRE designation (either the free or paid version), but are not currently offering consulting services in their practice. At the time of the transition, all current ACREs were imported into the new database as "Non-Practicing" so if you are, indeed, offering consulting services, you just need to go into your profile and check the little box you'll find there toward the bottom of the page. And voila! Your marker will change colors!